Date:      Tue, 13 May 1997 23:04:32 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        stanb@netcom.com (Stan Brown), freebsd-questions@freebsd.com (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   Re: Anyone Gotten Hylafax version 4 to compile under FreeBSD?

At 05:37 PM 5/13/97 -0400, Stan Brown wrote:
>	I am trying to get Hylafax (a fax client/server package) to compile
>	under FreeBSD 2.2R
>
>	Has anyone manged to get this working? There is a port for version 3,
>	but I can't find the source for V3, so I compiled V$ on the client
>	machines (non- FreebSD0. Unfortunately it does not appear to be posible
>	to use V4 clients with a V3 server. I would hate to have to move the
>	modem from my FreebSD box, since the networking works so well on it.

I think some one posted the the tricks needed to compile it on 2.2 a few
weeks ago. Have a search through the mailing list archives at
www.freebsd.org or www.dejanews.com... If I recall, the two areas are
tifflib 3.4 and some problem with /bin/sh not executing properly.... Have a
look at the thread for details/work arounds.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mike@sentex.net)           * To do is to be  -- Nietzsche
Sentex Communications Corp,              * To be is to do  -- Sartre
Cambridge, Ontario                       * Do be do be do  -- Sinatra
(http://www.sentex.net/~mdtancsa)        *