Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 1999 20:50:31 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        "FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Changing partition sizes on existing system

   I'm fairly new to FreeBSD, wishing to get away from Winbloze, if
possible.
   I've spent quite some time getting my system set up, programs
installed
etc., and now find myself in a position where I would like to change
the
partitioning, or slices fo my disk. My question is, is it possible to
make a
backup of the system, repartition using a different configuration, and
then
restore the system to it's original functionality? If so, I would also
welcome
an overview of the procedure. In other words, I'd prefer not to trash
this
puppy and have to start from scratch.

Thanks in advance,

Walter Brameld