Date:      Fri, 17 Jan 2014 11:50:10 -0500
From:      Matthew Pounsett <matt@conundrum.com>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: pkg install:  what is the "first" repository?

On Jan 17, 2014, at 01:49 , Matthew Seaman =
<m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk> wrote:

> Note that there are changes in the pipeline which will make a
> significant difference to the way pkg selects which repository to pull =
> package from, as part of a complete revision of how dependency solving
> works.

Yeah, I can think of cases where the current selection rules would =
result in breakage without significant manual intervention.    For one =
thing, it would be beneficial if, for any package that has dependencies, =
pkg preferred getting the dependencies from the same repo as the =
original package, regardless of any other ordering rules.

What=92s the best place to watch for those changes making it to release? =
 Is there a PR I can pay attention to?