Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 00:00:40 +0000
From:      David Johnson <david@usermode.org>
To:        "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Networking problem [solved]

Well, it turned out that my ISP's nameserver wasn't working. I put an
alternate nameserver address in resolv.conf and now everything is hunky dory.

I thought that might have been it earlier, but I could ping the address, and
when I booted into Slackware to verify, networking was okay. The catch was
that I specified two nameservers in resolv.conf there, but neglected to add
the alternate nameserver under FreeBSD.

--
David Johnson