Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 1996 19:45:29 +0300 (MSK)
From:      =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= (aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage) <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        current@freebsd.org (FreeBSD-current)
Subject:   tcp broken into -current?

Story so far:

I try following FTP transaction over user PPP line:

current1 -put-file-> current2

after hang it says "Connection reset by peer" (stable effect)!
When I turn TCP extensions off, it simple hangs forever.
netstat shows output queue full in current1
ps shows tsleep("sbwait") in current2
Result remote file have zero length.
It hapens with both standard ftpd and wu-ftpd.

all FTP operations when one of the sides != current works well.
FTP operations inside one system works too.
It happens not only on FTP transfers but rarely in SSH connections too.

I don't have yet one non-PPP connected -current system available
for testings, if you have fresh -current, you can contact
anon ftp dt.demos.su and try to put smth to incoming directory.

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -