Date:      Wed, 24 Oct 2012 03:51:02 +0530
From:      Ziyan Maraikar <ziyanm@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: REMCONS  broken after upgrading to 9.1-RC2

On 22-Oct-2012, at 4:08 PM, Ziyan Maraikar wrote:

> [cross-posted to freebsd-questions]
> Hello all,=20
>=20
> I had a working REMCONS setup on Freebsd 9.0 for remote access on my =
HP DL165 G7 (LO100i). I recently built and installed 9.1-RC2 on a =
separate dataset on this machine's ZFS pool and merged in my existing =
configuration from 9.0.=20
>=20
> On 9.1-RC2 I no longer get a login prompt. However, I still do have =
access to the loader prompt and can see the kernel boot messages on the =
serial console. I built my GENERIC kernel and world using clang with =
default flags. I see that the kernel identifies the serial port getty =
has spawned on the port.

FYI, enabling the BIOS output on COM1 (REMCONS port) and setting =
appropriate baud/parity/stop bits  fixed the problem. I can't recall the =
exact CMOS setting that worked right now.
__
Ziyan.