Date:      5 Aug 1996 17:52:29 GMT
From:      knarf@camelot.de (Frank Bartels)
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quickcam driver help?

Matthew Stein (matt@bdd.net) wrote:

> So they are!  I finally got past it with a 'flags 1' command on the device
> line.  I found the reference in the qcam driver man page.  Apparently it
> gets past flakey qcam's.  Now...if I could just find a good brightness
> mix.  ...  :(

I have to power cycle my machine (or just the cam) to get it probed
correctly.

I did not find a qcam driver man page in FreeBSD 2.1.5-RELEASE?

Anyway, with `xfqcam' (I use version 1.05) you don't need /dev/qcam
and it has switches for an automatic brightness and white balance.

Bye,
Knarf
--
  Frank Bartels   |UUCP/ZModem/Fax: +49 89 5469593| "Captain, why not just
 knarf@camelot.de | http://www.camelot.de/~knarf/ | give the Borg Windows?"