Date:      Mon, 05 Feb 1996 20:04:16 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sup is broken?

> 	Is there a way of "logging" connections?  I don't want to know
> *what* ppl are taking, I'd just like to keep track of number of connections
> and from where and stuff like that.

I'm not sure - I'll let Justin answer this one.

> 	I'm trying to keep my machines in line with -current...but if
> I compile in ~supfiles/current/sys/.., then someone coming in to sup
> files is going to get my .o files too, right?  Is this what ctm is

Huh?  You should not point your sup collections at an active
directory.  We made this mistake on freefall for a long time,
regretted it all the way, and *finally* switched over to having our
checked-out current and stable trees pristine.  You definitely don't
want either of them pointing at the same place your /usr/src points!
/usr/src should be private to the machine hosting the sup server.

> 	Hmmm, this might answer my one question...if I sup CVS instead
> of -current/-ports, I'll get what, exactly? -current/-stable/-ports/??

Right.

						Jordan