Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 20:59:09 -0400
From:      Eric Ogren <eogren@earthlink.net>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@bsdi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: docs/19583: [patch] Fix typos in RELENG_4 README.TXT

Well, since you asked... :)

Personally, I would prefer this sentence looked something like:

 However, if you're more interested in doing business with FreeBSD than
in staying on the cutting edge, then 3.x or one of the 4.x
releases is almost certainly for you.

 I strongly dislike cutting up a sentence with a "however", although
this is just a writing style issue, and "playing with the cutting edge of
technology" just sounds weird to me, especially since in the handbook we
give dire warnings that -CURRENT is not intended to be a plaything for
users.

 Besides, is FreeBSD really the cutting edge "of technology"? Maybe of
computer science, but FreeBSD isn't exactly new technology; BSD code has
been around for a while...

 Just my two (probably somewhat nitpickey) cents.

Eric