Date:      Tue, 28 Apr 1998 09:58:43 -0400
From:      Gary Algier <gaa@dgms.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cdrecord: what device?

Ok, I have a Yamaha CRW4260.  It is connected to an Adaptec 2940UW.
I am running FreeBSD 2.2.6.

I am trying to use cdrecord 1.6 and I can't figure out what device to
put into the kernel for this.

I can access the device just fine as /dev/cd0c as if it is a cdrom
drive, but every attempt to use "cdrecord -scanbus" or "cdrecord dev=0,6,0 ..."
fails.  I looked at the README.xxxBSD with cdrecord and it makes reference
to /dev/su-*-*-* files, but the .../conf/LINT file makes seems to
depricate these drivers.  There is a "worm" device.  Should I use it?

Obviously this stuff works, I would hate to think that the FreeBSD
development team uses Linux or SunOS to make CDs.

--
Gary Algier, WB2FWZ       gary.algier@dgms.com              +1 609 608 2758
DGM&S Telecom, 1025 Briggs Rd, Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054     Fax:+1 609 866 8850