Date:      Sun, 2 Jul 2000 18:18:31 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
Cc:        Generic Player <generic@unitedtamers.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make deinstall?

Salvo Bartolotta said on Jul  2, 2000 at 13:07:48:
> [...]

To me, make deinstall seems to work if the ports collection (and that
specific port) hasn't been updated in the meantime.

Otherwise, look into the /var/db/pkg directory for your program,
and type pkg_delete <full package name including version>
That seems to work generally.  I've heard that make deinstall actually
calls pkg_delete.

Rahul.