Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 2008 20:39:10 +0200
From:      Martin <nakal@web.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   panic: clist reservation botch

Hi,

I just had a panic (again, but this time a completely new one) with
-STABLE system:
FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE #0: Thu Jun 19 10:44:38 CEST 2008

I could not get much information, because the debugger did not work at
all. Every time I pressed a key, I got a screen full of backtrace
output. It was impossible to type a command.

This is what information I could get:

Panic was called "clist reservation botch". Occured on shutdown after
installing a new kernel. The notebook was running quite long (about 1
day).

Here is the part of trace dump, I could read:

free_cblocks
clist_free_cblocks
tty_close
scclose
giant_close
devfs_close
VOP_CLOSE_APV
vn_close
vn_closefile
devfs_close_f
fdrop
closef
fdfree
exit1
postsig
postsig
ast
doreti_ast

There also were some parameters in hex, of course, but I did not have
the patience to write them down, sorry.

--
Martin Sugioarto