Date:      Sat, 22 Dec 2001 11:27:21 -0800
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Brian McGovern <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
Cc:        qa@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.5 PRERELEASE - Call for testing

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM

On Sat, Dec 22, 2001 at 09:19:06AM -0500, Brian McGovern wrote:
> Is there an ISO image somewhere to test? :)

  Unfortunately release builds are still falling over because the
kernel won't fit on the floppy image.  We'll certainly have a well
polished ISO by the 5th for the first release candidate.  It's still
not clear what the best solution is to make the kernel fit again.  Ian
Dowse has some NFS patches to remove some bloat, we have a patch to
use bzip2 for the kernel and modules, and we have John's new cdboot
stuff.  At least one of these solutions should be applied this weekend
so that we can at least get buildable snapshots again.

       - Murray

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM--