Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2002 10:55:54 -0800
From:      Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        shagol@shagol.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail and TLS/SSL

thomas> After doing a cvsup on my 4.5-STABLE Box i got a few problems with my
thomas> ssl certs... the sendmail deamon runs under another user now, so there
thomas> is no more access to the private key file...

No, the MTA which listens on port 25 is still started by and running as
root.

thomas> if i'm going to chmod this file 640 or 440 i'm getting a lot of error
thomas> msgs: Warning: File group readable...  is there a solution for that ?

Don't change the permissions.  Leave it as readable only by root.

thomas> is sendmail running under the smmsp user or under mail-null ?

The submission agent does run as smmsp, but not the MTA.