Date:      Wed, 03 Jan 1996 09:27:36 -0800
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeDetect & Plug n Play

1. I have had a Plug and Play card here for a while now.
   This does not make me an expert is just that I have done
   some digging around and play a whole lot with my card.
   The documents that Intel has at their Web site are good
   enough to write Plug and Play services is just that they
   hard to read.

2. You really want the code from intel in order to deploy
   Plug and Play any time soon which by the way the CD does
   not have. You want for the configuration manager....

3. The reason why Intel did not release the code is mostly because
   at the time they did not want a zillion copies of the
   Plug and Play Configuration manager floating around. At least
   thats what the manager told me.

4. There is a linux plug and play project on the way. So one way or the
   other we will have Plug and Plug services.

	Enjoy,
	Amancio