Date:      Sun, 21 Apr 2002 12:55:04 +0100
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott.mitchell@mail.com>
To:        Steven Lake <raiden@shell.core.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bounce login for VNC

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 07:48:37PM -0500, Steven Lake wrote:
> 	Ok, I've got a strange question about VNC.  I'm wanting to do
> terminal services into my Win98se box via my Fbsd box for security reasons
> using VNC but I'm unsure if this is possible and how to do it.  Basically
> what I want to do is to terminal to my fbsd box, have it verify that I'm
> legit, encrypt the transmission, then bounce the connection over to my
> win98se box and connect using the fbsd box as a bridge.  Is this possible
> and if so, how?

No sure if this exactly what you mean, but tightVNC has the -via option.
From http://www.tightvnc.com/doc/man/vncviewer.1.html:

-via gateway
Automatically create encrypted TCP tunnel to the gateway machine before
connection, connect to the host through that tunnel (TightVNC-specific). By
default, this option invokes SSH local port forwarding, assuming that SSH
client binary can be accessed as /usr/bin/ssh. Note that when using the
-via option, the host machine name should be specified as known to the
gateway machine, e.g.  "localhost" denotes the gateway, not the machine
where vncviewer was launched. See the ENVIRONMENT section below for the
information on configuring the -via option.

Very useful for getting to machines behind a firewall.

tightVNC is in usr/ports/net/tightvnc, BTW.

	Scott