Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 1995 13:02:25 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Paul Richards <paul@ns0.netcraft.co.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   text to ps, thanks

Thanks for all the replies, I knew about a2ps but unles I'm missing
something it does too much pretty printing, I wanted something that
makes a ps printer look exactly like a plain text printer.

pslpr looks like it does what I want and I'm going to grab nenscript
too and see if that's better.

On a related note, our Apple laserwriter+ has a habit of not printing
pages if they don't fill the printer buffer, they just sit in the
printer, I get a timeout error and the job vanishes. Adding a
showpage manually to the end of the postscript file seems to work.

Is there a more "correct" way to flush jobs in postscript? Also,
anyone feel like hacking lpr to read from the parallel port and
the moment as a brute force method.

--
  Paul Richards, Netcraft Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)