Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 2013 01:53:11 +0200
From:      Per olof Ljungmark <peo@intersonic.se>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mount: /dev/ada0p1: Device busy Busy with what?

On 2013-09-13 01:30, Polytropon wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 00:54:01 +0200, Per olof Ljungmark wrote:
>> I have apart from the boot drives a SATA disk for storage. Usually I
>> would mount it with
>> mount /dev/ada0p1 /archive
>> but as my last reboot into
>> FreeBSD 9.1-STABLE #0 r252369
>> I cannot mount the disk, I get
>> mount: /dev/ada0p1: Device busy
>>
>> Well, busy with what?
>>
>> fuser -m /dev/ada0p1
>> /dev/ada0p1:
>>
>> I REALLY need to acces trhis UFS formatted drive, how can I convice it
>> that everything is ok and it's not really busy with anything?
>>
>> Could anyone please help to sort this please?
>
> Maybe a fsck is running on the disk device? Also check "mount -v"
> if the disk is really unmounted. Make sure any running fsck has
> been finished and try again. In worst case, manually initiate a
> file system check. Then try mounting the disk again.

Yes, I've done at least five fsck's with different options and there has
not been any complaints. The drive is not mounted at boot time.

Anyway, mount -v seems to have sorted it. It was already mounted to a
different mountpoint due to my own brain damage apparently although I
cannot recall ever doing it. Problem solved.

Thank you!

//per