Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2001 09:58:13 +0100
From:      Koen Schreel <K.R.A.M.Schreel@tue.nl>
To:        Edwin Mons <e@ik.nu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Doscmd error

Edwin Mons wrote:

> Did you add /usr/libdata/doscmd/fonts to your xfontpath ?  If not, try adding
> it with `xset fp+ /usr/libdata/doscmd/fonts'

Thanks, this helps a lot. I should have thought about that, but it seems that
the default behavior of doscmd has changed since the last time I used it. It
has now by default X-support compiled in, and I didn't think of it as an X
error.

Compilation without X-support, however, reveals a bug that makes the program
run in xmode when the DISPLAY environment variable is set, regardless of how
the program has been compiled. A PR has been filed.

Koen.