Date:      Sun, 1 Dec 1996 11:20:55 -0500
From:      cbsky!dob@naserver1.cb.lucent.com (Dan O'Brien, 614.860.3292)
To:        jdp@polstra.com
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSUP problem with current

Mea culpa.  Thanks to Steve who sent private email that gave me the tip.

> In article <199611292026.PAA23180@llama.bazzle.com> Dan writes:
> > Where's the problem?

Setup:  /usr/sup is symlink to /var/usr/sup
	(var has extra space for things that grow)

Problem: BANG!  (that's me shooting myself in the foot)

	I was house cleaning and had rm -fr /var/usr/sup
		``don't need that anymore, I'm using cvsup!'' :-(

The symlink was left hanging /usr/sup -> /var/usr/sup

Clean up was several days before trying cvsup so there was a disconnect
in the synapses...

> > I started getting this the other day.  Same error each time,
> > just different file numbers.
> >
> > 	Connected to cvsup.FreeBSD.org
> > 	Updater failed: Updater error: Cannot create "/usr/sup/src-base/#cvs.cvsup-23114.0": File exists

> Strange.  Next time it happens, could you please send me the following info:

> If it's stopped happening, please let me know that, too.

It's stopped.   Fix was to mkdir /var/usr/sup and all is well.  The error
message was what threw me off.

> Thanks,

No, thank you for CVSUP and to Steve for the tip.

Sorry for exposing my stupidity to the list.   I'll slink back to the shadows...

> --
>    John Polstra                                       jdp@polstra.com
>    John D. Polstra & Co., Inc.                Seattle, Washington USA
>    "Self-knowledge is always bad news."                 -- John Barth

Dan