Date:      Fri, 25 Jul 2008 10:23:22 -0400
From:      Charles Owens <cowens@greatbaysoftware.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   LSI LSLSAS1068 not detected by mpt(4)

--------------090909080308060206080607

Good day,

We're trying to get FreeBSD 7.0 to fly on an Intel SR2500ALLX server,
but the RAID controller isn't being detected properly.  As best I can
tell from reading man pages it _should_ be being handled by mpt(4) --
but the system boots with no drives detected.  Also, it is probably
worth pointing out that the system has been working before this just
fine with Linux.

With pciconf I'm getting this:

mfi0@pci0:4:14:0:	class=0x010400 card=0x35018086 chip=0x04111000 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    class      = mass storage
    subclass   = RAID

I saw a commit message for mpt_pci.c from last Sept (rev 1.51 & mfc)
that was a fix for a device ID conflict with mfi(4).  Could this same
sort of thing be happening here?

What is the best way forward?  Is a custom kernel with mfi(4) removed a
possible workaround?  Any assistance greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Charles

--

**Charles Owens**
*Great Bay Software** **|** v: *603.766.6105 *|** m: *603.866.0860 *|**

--------------090909080308060206080607--