Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 1996 10:38:09 +0000 ()
From:      David Brockus <dbrockus@cyberhall.com>
To:        FreeBSD questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   swap_pager and vm_fault errors

I am running FreeBSD 2.0.5R.  I have started getting the following errors
quite often.

Mar 26 09:22:33 cyber1 /kernel: swap_pager: out of space
Mar 26 09:22:35 cyber1 /kernel: Process 10098 killed by vm_fault -- out
of swap

This occurs when anyone has an e-mail message with an attached file of
over 3 megs.  When you run pine (version 3.91, package for 2.0.5R) it
tries to open your inbox then suddenly pine is killed.

You can still use "mail".  If you use mail and delete the message, pine
starts functioning again.

Is this a problem with pine or with the virtual memory?

Do I need to increase the amount of virtual memory?

Thanks in advance.

			David Brockus