Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 1995 16:56:38 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, dsilvia@ix.netcom.com
Subject:   Re: What's the Haps? (fwd)

Rodney W. Grimes stands accused of saying: (stuff)
> Could some one help this person out, this is silly for me to
> be helping him.

Sure.

Ok; if you have an internet connection via PPP or ethernet, follow these
steps :

1)  ftp to FreeBSD.cdrom.com
2)  cd to /pub/FreeBSD/2.0.5-RELEASE/floppies and get the file boot.flp
3)  cd to /pub/FreeBSD/2.0-RELEASE/tools/dos-tools and get rawrite.exe
4)  cd to /pub/FreeBSD/2.0.5-RELEASE and get the files README, RELNOTES,
    INSTALL and HARDWARE.
5)  print and read the files you got in step 4.
6)  If you have anything else on the disk you're going to install FreeBSD
    on, MAKE A BACKUP!
7)  Use rawrite to copy the boot.flp file onto a _FRESHLY_FORMATTED_
    floppy disk, either 1.2M or 1.4M to suit your system.
8)  Boot the floppy and follow the instructions.  READ ALL OF THEM! 8)

If you don't, we add some new steps.  You need a DOS partition with at
least 20M, and preferably 100M free on the first disk in your system.

0.5) Make a directory c:\freebsd under DOS.
4.1) get all of the files in the bin directory and put them in c:\freebsd\bin.
4.2) get all of the files in the manpages directory and put them in
     c:\freebsd\manpages, likewise for 'info'.
4.3) If you want source code, do the same for 'src', and likewise for
     Xwindows and XF86311

>> Dave S.

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[