Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 1996 12:58:29 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams), current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Latest Current build failure

Terry Lambert writes:
> > [ One more time... ]
> > > This assumes that the writer lock is held over the build process; if it
> > > were a nightly build run by cron on another box, then it would work as
> > > well as the engineer's personal box.
> >
> > Writer lock won't solve any problems experienced in FreeBSD.  It's been
> > discussed to death.  It's a solution waiting for a problem that doesn't
> > exist.  The problem doesn't exist in FreeBSD.  Quit wasting everyones
> > time and mailboxes with your solution to a non-existant problem.
>
> It solves a problem in the suggested replacement for the existing system.

No, it doesn't.  As has been discussed to death in the past, it solves
*NO* problems in the past or present that can be solved.  The *problem*
is a human problem that can't be solved adequately using a computer.  It
needs human intervention (ala. Jordan's cookies).  No 'locking' protocol
within CVS will solve the problem, as the problem exists outside the
scope of the version control software.

'Nuff said, you can continue to waste both my time and others, but it
will be ignored.

Nate