Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 2003 04:33:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Marlon Corleone <bufdaem0n@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   ad0: READ command timeout tag=0 serv=0 -resetting, ata0: resetting devices...

i search in google and i get thesame problem, though
he solved his. here it is:

From: glenn@antimatter.net (glenn@antimatter.net)
Message 1 in thread
Subject: ad0: READ command timeout
Newsgroups: sol.lists.freebsd.stable

View this article only
Date: 2002-11-26 02:04:03 PST

I just put together a new system using a Shuttle SS51G
with a P4 2.53GHz,
512MB RAM, and a 80GB Maxtor UATA133 HD (DiamondMax
Plus 9).

Booting from the 4.7 install CD the system would hang
with the following
message:

ad0: READ command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - resetting
ata0: resetting devices ..

I manually set hw.ata.ata_dma=0 and was able to boot
and install 4.7.

I cvsuped to the latest -STABLE but booting with
hw.ata.ata_dma=1 still
hangs the system with the same message.  Disabling
UDMA in the BIOS will
also allow the system to boot.

I searched the mailing list archives, but couldn't
find anything that
looked relevant (other than setting hw.ata.ata_dma=0).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  If I need to
provide more info,
just let me know what to provide.  Below is dmesg
output (with a GENERIC
kernel) and uname -a output. (the dates are wrong as I
had not yet set the
clock)

-Glenn

HE MANUALLY SET :  hw.ata.ata_dma=0

any ideas how to do that too? hope for your reply guys