Date:      Thu, 04 Aug 2016 07:33:42 -0400
From:      Rod <rodperson@rodperson.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Conkeror/libxul error

Hello all,

I updated my ports over the weekend (portsnap fetch update) and rebuild
all ports that needed updating.  Since then conkeror will not run.  I
have tried to deleting the conkeror profile directory, updating my ports
daily since then to see if any changes to libxul or conkeror have been
committed - when they have new builds don't fix the issue.  I even tried
installing both from packages, still get the same error.

Here is the error if anyone can give me an hint as to what to do.  I
have found references to the error on Linux lists but they are all at
least 6 months out and none of those resolutions worked for me.

Thanks,

Rod

  $ conkeror
JavaScript strict warning:
resource://gre/components/TelemetryStartup.js, line 42: ReferenceError:
reference to undefined property
Cc['@mozilla.org/toolkit/crash-reporter;1']
JavaScript warning:
file:///usr/local/share/conkeror/components/application.js, line 224:
flags argument of String.prototype.{searc
h,match,replace} is deprecated
JavaScript strict warning: chrome://conkeror/content/keywords.js, line
20: SyntaxError: in strict mode code, functions may be decla
               red only at top level or immediately within another
function
JavaScript strict warning: chrome://conkeror/content/keywords.js, line
30: SyntaxError: in strict mode code, functions may be decla
               red only at top level or immediately within another
function
JavaScript strict warning: chrome://conkeror/content/keywords.js, line
62: SyntaxError: in strict mode code, functions may be decla
               red only at top level or immediately within another
function
JavaScript strict warning: chrome://conkeror/content/keywords.js, line
68: SyntaxError: in strict mode code, functions may be decla
               red only at top level or immediately within another
function
JavaScript strict warning: chrome://conkeror/content/keywords.js, line
72: SyntaxError: in strict mode code, functions may be decla
               red only at top level or immediately within another
function
JavaScript warning: chrome://conkeror/content/coroutine.js, line 354:
mutating the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code
                to run very slowly; instead create the object with the
correct initial [[Prototype]] value using Object.create
Error initializing.
SyntaxError: missing ; before statement
chrome://conkeror/content/debug.js:87
load1@file:///usr/local/share/conkeror/components/application.js:108:17
application.prototype.load@file:///usr/local/share/conkeror/components/application.js:160:25
application.prototype.require@file:///usr/local/share/conkeror/components/application.js:230:13
@chrome://conkeror/content/conkeror.js:14:1
load1@file:///usr/local/share/conkeror/components/application.js:108:17
application.prototype.load@file:///usr/local/share/conkeror/components/application.js:160:25
application.prototype.require@file:///usr/local/share/conkeror/components/application.js:230:13
application@file:///usr/local/share/conkeror/components/application.js:40:9
XPCOMUtils__getFactory/factory.createInstance@resource://gre/modules/XPCOMUtils.jsm:326:19
cmdline.prototype.handle@file:///usr/local/share/conkeror/components/command-line.js:20:24
JavaScript error:
file:///usr/local/share/conkeror/components/command-line.js, line 23:
TypeError: conkeror.handle_command_line is
not a function
JavaScript strict warning:
resource://gre/modules/TelemetryEnvironment.jsm, line 488:
ReferenceError: reference to undefined proper
ty this._environment._currentEnvironment.addons
$