Date:      Fri, 07 Mar 2008 09:20:27 -0300
From:      Adriano dos Santos Fernandes <adrianosf@uol.com.br>
To:        Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Versioned symbols

Jeremy Chadwick escreveu:
> On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 11:28:39PM -0300, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:
>
>> I want to make versioned symbols as they work in Linux, but I had no
>> success with FreeBSD.
>>

> This seems quite relevant, specific to RELENG_7.  (Said feature isn't
> available in earlier releases):
Thanks Jeremy...

My usage for versioned symbols would be to have multiple shared
libraries implementing the same entrypoints...

For dlopen'ed libraries, I suppose there is no problem with unversioned
symbols, correct?

But I want a kind of Windows DLL semantics... If my app dynamic loads
lib1 and lib2, that implements the same functions and latter it loads
lib3, a different library linked against lib2 (-l2).

I want that calls from lib3 always go to lib2. Are versioned symbols the
only way to achieve that or there is another way?

Thanks,

Adriano