Date:      Thu, 15 Sep 2005 22:51:19 -0400
From:      Damian Gerow <dgerow@afflictions.org>
To:        Daniel O'Connor <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS directory copies cause crash

Thus spake Daniel O'Connor (doconnor@gsoft.com.au) [15/09/05 22:32]:
: > Is this something known and being worked on, or should I try to gather some
: > debugging information?
:
: I think even if someone was working on it you'd want to get a crashdump (or at
: least a stack trace via the console) so you could determine if their fix is
: applicable.

Yeah, I'm working on it; the problem is that the typical kernel.debug file
doesn't exist, so I'm hoping a rebuild with the same configuration file and
the same sources will be okay (should be, I presume).

Note that I've since determined that the same crash happens when
transferring via SAMBA to the same server, and *only* when transferring a
directory.

  - Damian