Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 1999 16:16:26 +0100 (CET)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Floppy tape doesn't work under 3.0.1

Hello there!

Recenlty I migrated from 2.2.5 to 3.0.1 with success.
The only thing that doesn't work any more is my floppy tape drive.

I build the kernel with the folowing options:

controller	fdc0	at isa? port "IO_FD1" bio flags 1 irq 6 drq 2 vector fdintr
disk		fd0	at fdc0 drive 0
tape		ft0	at fdc0 drive 2

When I boot the folowing messages appear at the screen:

fdc0 at 0x3f0-0x3f7 irq 6 drq 2 flags 0x1 on isa
fd0: config-pretended 1.44MB 3.5in
fd0: config-pretended 1.44MB 3.5in

(Notice: 2x fd0!)

I have been trying to get the floppy tape up and running for a few days now and I am out of any good ideas.

Please help me!

Greets,

Robin Huiser