Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 1997 09:32:27 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      hans@brandinnovators.com (Hans Zuidam)
To:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gdb: Program received signal SIGTRAP?

> Greg Lehey wrote:
> Has anybody seen problems with gdb where you can't continue from a
> breakpoint?  I'm currently trying to test user ppp, but once I hit a
> breakpoint, I can't continue.  I'm running -current as of yesterday.
> Here's a sample:
> Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
> DoLoop () at /src/FREEBIE/usr.sbin/ppp/main.c:773
> 773           if (been_here_before)                                 /* we won't be able to do it again, */
> (gdb)
> Cannot insert breakpoint 0:
> Error accessing memory address 0xefbfdfdc: Bad address.
This is probably because your process (ppp) is corrupting its stack.
gdb examines to processes stack to find proper stack frames when
inserting/removing breakpoint.  If the stack is corrupted gdb gets
very confused.

Regards,
				Hans

--
H. Zuidam                        E-Mail: hans@brandinnovators.com
Brand Innovators B.V.            P-Mail: P.O. Box 1377