Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 1997 06:31:45 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Jose F. Reyes" <cdrshop@mail.caribe.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with user ppp and BitSURFR Pro

> I have FreeBSD 2.1.5 and use the 'alias' modified user ppp (by Charles Mott,
> based on iijppp from 2.1.6) with a BitSURFR Pro at 64 kbps. Ever since I
> started using this combination, I have occasional problems with FCS (Frame
> Check Sequence) errors that drop the hardware connection to the ISP, but

Well, this *may* not be your problem but I can also recommend very
strongly AGAINST the BitSURFR pro.  In every instance I've seen it
used, the customer had problems with communications quality and
"dropped connections" seemed to be the order of the day.

Since I'd never had a single problem with my pair of ADTRAN L1 Express
adaptors (and I purchased ADTRAN because it's the terminal adaptor
that Cisco uses and recommends internally), I had some of the BitSURFR
owners go to the ADTRAN as a replacement and their problems went away
completely.

Your mileage may vary, of course, but that's just the data I've
collected.  Personally, I would not accept a BitSURFR even if you
offered me money to take it. :-)

					Jordan