Date:      Fri, 28 Nov 2003 09:09:20 -0700
From:      Nolan Orwan <nowan3@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bridge problem II

I also have a bridge/firewall problem that I can't figure out.

My bridge/firewall box has two interface cards (NICs), one facing in and
the other facing out. The inside NIC has an ip address of 10.1.1.10 and
the outside one does not.  Bridging works fine as between the inside
subnet and the outside, meaning that boxes on the inside can communicate
through the bridge to the outside and also communicate with the
bridge/firewall box via its inside NIC.

The problem is I can't figure out what ipfw rule or rules will allow the
inside NIC to send and receive traffic to the outside.  Can this even be
done?

Tim

P.S.

I'm using the generic 4.8 kernel with its standard ipfw, dummynet, and
bridge kernel modules.