Date:      Tue, 2 Oct 2001 20:58:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        leres@no.spam.ee.lbl.gov (Craig Leres)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4GB memory problem

:
:I did a quick diff of 4.4-RELEASE's vm/swap_pager.c against
:FreeBSD-current (always a good place to start) and found that there
:is some new code that deals with this problem. I adapted the new
:code to 4.4-RELEASE and now on bootup I get:
:
:    Swap zone entries reduced from 1005708 to 670472
:
:My system seems to run ok now. Appended are context diffs against
:4.4-RELEASE.
:
:		Craig

    I've been meaning to MFC that patchset.  I'll get it into stable
    tonight.

					-Matt