Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2000 21:37:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
Cc:        Chuck Paterson <cp@bsdi.com>, Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>, Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>, Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>, papowell@astart.com, nik@FreeBSD.ORG, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bringing LPRng into FreeBSD?

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group wrote:

> In message <200006281607.KAA03251@berserker.bsdi.com>, Chuck Paterson
> writes:
> >
> > 	I am talking about releasing what is traditionally known
> > as LPRng in BSD/OS.  BSDi has worked with Patrick on integrating
> > LPRng into BSD/OS. Patrick provided BSDi with a Berkeley style copyright
> > to go with it.
>
> This changes everything.  Let's go for it.

Not until we've *seen* it.  So far, Chuck Paterson's the only one who's
seen it, and unless he can give us a copy, the only other ones that are
available to us *don't* have that copyright.

Sheesh.  Obviously trying for the "stampede" effect.

Chuck Robey            | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr@picnic.mat.net  | electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.