Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 2008 08:21:31 -0700
From:      Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upcoming Releases Schedule...

Maybe I'm missing something here, but it seems like Jo just wants to argue=
=20
for the sake of arguing.

=46irst Jo wrote:
>No other answer. =A0But nobody has yet provided what the EoL period is =A0
>going to be. =A0I have no problems with a period being extended ;-) =A0But=
 =A0
>the business needs to know the minimum EoL for a given release to =A0
>determine if upgrading to that release is viable.

To which Robert Watson replied, giving the minimums asked for:
>Well, a starting answer is the policy found on=20
>http://security.FreeBSD.org/:=20

>Early adopter
>=A0 =A0Releases which are published from the -CURRENT branch will be=20
>=A0 =A0supported by=20
>=A0 =A0the Security Officer for a minimum of 6 months after the release.=20
>
>Normal
>=A0 =A0Releases which are published from a -STABLE branch will be supporte=
d=20
>=A0 =A0by the=A0Security Officer for a minimum of 12 months after the rele=
ase.

>Extended
>=A0 =A0Selected releases will be supported by the Security Officer for a=20
>=A0 =A0minimum of=A024 months after the release.

And yet Jo completely ignored that, and focused in on something completely=
=20
unrelated:
> I am amazed at the preposterously large elephant in the room that none
> of you are willing to address.  Watching each of you dance around it
> would be terribly funny if it didn't affect my job so badly.  (and if
> I wasn't going to have to bail on FreeBSD and go to some crap form of
> Linux because the FreeBSD developers appear to be unwilling to
> consider the idea of getting more help)

Jo:  You know the minimum support period for each release, before it is=20
released.  You know what the earliest EoL time will be for each release=20
as it is released.  What more do you want?

=2D-=20
=46reddie Cash
fjwcash@gmail.com