Date:      Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:50:43 +0000
From:      jirc@comcast.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DSS for freeBSD

Hi, I received responses from the lister that there is a port, and also it's possible to use the source code for DSS 5 and run it on freeBSD 5.1. I found a port in /usr/ports, but when i run it, it ask me to go to apple web site to download freebsd version of DSS. However freeBSD version of DSS is not there. I've downloaded the source, but I want to learn how I could make it work with freeBSD 5.1. I rather not mess up my system, so I would like to know what changes I need to make to make DSS work.

please contact me off the list if you can. the volume of traffic is massive, i rarely reads the digest.