Date:      Sun, 22 Mar 1998 14:15:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Jackson <d055633c@dc.seflin.org>
To:        "Jeff E. Shipper" <chado@p3.net>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Internal IDE Zip Drive (Unable to mount)

Try the MAKEDEV script file in the /dev dir, or mknod (sp?)  I used it to
create a device for my extended dos partition.
I have a 1.2 Gig drive, partitioned into a 250 MB dos partition, a 250 MB
FREEBSD partition, and a 750MB Dos partition.  I originally had 5 250MB
dos partitions before FreeBSD.. I backed everything up, deleted all but
the c drive, installed Freebsd with a 250 MB partition, than created an
Extended dos partition with the rest. FreeBSD just didn't see the
extended partition. I booted with verbose messages, and saw that it was
seeing the extended partition as wd0s5, but that wasn't in the dev dir.
it only went up to wd0s4.  I used mknod (I think thats the correct
spelling) to create wd0s4, and it worked fine.

Robert Jackson
d055633c@dc.seflin.org