Date:      Thu, 09 Jun 2005 22:21:34 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/acpica acpi.c

Eric Anderson wrote:
> Nate Lawson wrote:
>
>> Eric Anderson wrote:

>>> Warner - I owe you a beer!  I believe this commit got my Dell D610
>>> laptop (and maybe the D600's?) to go into S3 mode, which prior to
>>> this commit it would power off the machine instead of going into S3.
>>

>> Great.  It should be MFCd also.
>

> Awesome!!  Now does anyone have any hints on how I can start looking at
> why it powers off instead of resumes?  Screen is blank the whole time so
> it's hard to tell whats happening.

Of course, as soon as I send this email, it *STOPS* working.  I cannot
figure this out - it successfully went into suspend, and now I can't get
it to go into it.  I haven't recompiled anything, haven't changed any
settings, nothing.

I'm so lost.. Does anyone have any hints, clues, etc?  I have a spare
D610 now to experiment on - I'm open to suggestions..

Eric

A lost ounce of gold may be found, a lost moment of time never.