Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 1999 19:02:17 -0700
From:      "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@monkeys.com>
To:        dirk@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   mysql-server-3.22.25 install botch (pthread_attr_setschedparam?)

I just recently upgraded my old FreeBSD 2.2.8 system to FreeBSD 3.1.

(Yea, I know... It's not the latest and greatest, but it was the easiest
for me to upgrade to, because I had 3.1 on a CDROM, and I hate waiting
for things to download, so I prefer to upgrade from CDROM.)

Anyway, I have been trying to get some of the packages upgraded also, in
particular the mysql package.

I deinstalled the old (3.21.xxx) mysql package and now I'm just trying to
install the latest stable mysql package.

While doing the pkg_add for the `mysql-server-3.22.25' package, I got the
following, which appears to be a serious/fatal error:

Creating db table
Creating host table
Creating user table
Creating func table
Creating tables_priv table
Creating columns_priv table
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Undefined symbol "pthread_attr_setschedparam"
Installation of grant tables failed!

OK, so what's the deal here?

Looking at the pthread(3) man page I see that libc_r is *supposed* to con-
tain a routine named `pthread_attr_setschedparam'. That's what the man page
says anyway.  But when I do an `nm' on that library I see that (sure enough)
libc_r ain't got no `pthread_attr_setschedparam' routine!  Humph!

OK, so NOW what should I do?