Date:      Fri, 19 May 1995 01:31:43 +0400 (MSD)
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org, "Nickolay N. Dudorov" <nnd@gw.itfs.nsk.su>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Subject:   Re: Multi-lingual support in sysinstall (TODO-2.0.5)

In message <199505181254.TAA26280@gw.itfs.nsk.su> Nickolay N. Dudorov
    writes:

>4) In Russian case there is no need in 'screenmap' if you
>   use koi8-r-8x16 font (and it seems right for me);

Do you really look at semigraphics with koi8-r font?
It is broken in last (9) pixel, it is standard VGA
hardware braindamage. Why do you think russians use cp866 fonts
with screenmap? Please fix this place to use cp866 with koi8-r->cp866
screenmap.

>5) For screens look fine you must not only change
>   TERM and TERMCAP in environment but also (re)setterm
>   and especially 'init_acs'.
>   This present another problem - setterm breaks shell_mode
>   (sets noecho), so I find some ugly hack to prevent this.
>   Sombody with better understanding of dialog, ncurses and
>   mytinfo can find better solution.

What exactly you mean by "breaks shell mode", please
specify code flow in maximal detailed level.

>-    systemChangeFont(font_koi8_r_8x14);
>+    systemChangeFont(font_koi8_r_8x16);

There must be font_cp866_8x16 instead.

>-    systemChangeScreenmap(koi8_r2cp866);
>+/*    systemChangeScreenmap(koi8_r2cp866);	*/

This change must be reverted back.

Jordan, please, apply my fix.

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -