Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 1997 09:58:34 +0100
From:      Richard Brooksby <richard@harlequin.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD, AppleTalk, and netatalk

After a little effort I've managed to set up FreeBSD to serve files to
Macintoshes using netatalk <URL:http://www.umich.edu/~rsug/netatalk/>.  I
have some questions.

Netatalk support is built in to the FreeBSD kernel, but the netatalk
programs are not in the FreeBSD ports or packages collections.  Instead,
you have CAP, which is much more complicated to configure.  May I suggest
that netatalk is included as a port and a package?  I would be glad to help.

AppleTalk support is mentioned as a feature of FreeBSD in the handbook
If I had not been exposed to netatalk before I would never have known where
to look to find out about it.  May I suggest that you include at least a
URL for netatalk (see above) or write some paragraphs explaining how to set
it up.  Again, I would be glad to help, now that I have done this myself.

Thanks for your time.