Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 2002 08:18:11 -0400
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        Storms of Perfection <ancient@outloud.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Advanced tuning advice

Hello,

This sort of tuning you're discussing really depends on your
particular system.  What are you running, what's your system doing,
and are you seeing any problems?

For the most part, the sysctl interface lets you tune everything.  And
compiler flags above -O2 are not supported on FreeBSD, so don't go there. :)

Michael Lucas		mwlucas@FreeBSD.org, mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/q/Big_Scary_Daemons

           Absolute BSD:   http://www.nostarch.com/abs_bsd.htm