Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 1998 13:14:03 -0800
From:      Robert Ricci <rricci@NS3.theonlynet.com>
To:        FreeBSD ISP <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Funky DNS

Well, I've tried the suggestions given to me, but with no luck:
1) I've upgraded to Bind8, no problem (It did stop the "getdtablesize()

> FD_SETSIZE" error.
2) I've rebuilt my zone files for forward and reverse lookup on our
domain. Now, the only A records for theonlynet.com are ns3 and ns1 (an
older server we keep around just for kicks.) theonlynet.com., www, ftp,
mail, etc are all CNAMEs of this machine, and my MX record points
directly to an A record.
3) I've notified InterNIC about the changes to our DNS servers. The
records still showed an NS1, NS2, and NS3, when all they should have
showed was NS3.

Still, I get the same error from nslookup. Will this fix itself when the
InterNIC stuff goes through?

Also, while we're on the subject, I've got one more question about bind.
Is it possible, for reverse lookups, to point to another server as
authoritative for a certain block of IPs? We no longer have our own
class C, and we don't want to have to add every IP we use to our
upstream provider's (the owners of 207.201.125) server every time we add
another virtual. We are only using the IPs 207.201.125.66-128.

Thanks!