Date:      Sat, 2 Jan 1999 21:58:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Jerry Preeper <preeper@cts.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail / procmail

On Sat, 2 Jan 1999, Jerry Preeper wrote:
> I currently have the following in /etc/sendmail.cf
>
> Mlocal, P=/usr/libexec/mail.local, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qrmn9, S=10/30, R=20/40,
>         T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
>         A=mail -d $u
>
> I have tried figuring out what all the flags seem to mean and was wondering
> if I could just replace /usr/libexec/mail.local with /usr/bin/procmail and
> leave all the flags the same.

You need to change the flags, here's mine

Mlocal, P=/usr/local/bin/procmail, F=lsfSDFMAh5:/|qmn9, S=10/30, R=20/40,
        M=4000000, T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
        A=procmail -a $h -d $u

> Also, when I make the changes to the sendmail.cf file, can I just issue a
> killall -1 sendmail command or do I need to do something different (if so,
> what)?

a kill HUP should work fine.

> Right now I don't have a /etc/.procmail directory or /etc/.procmail file so
> I am assuming that procmail will just send everything on as usual and then
> I can create these to set up server wide filtering.  Does that sound right?

Yep.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com