Date:      Sat, 3 Oct 1998 00:07:20 -0500
From:      Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Device Drivers for Linux and Intel's annoucement

On Fri, Oct 02, 1998 at 09:18:13PM -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > Jordan, you are taking what I said way to personal, and are reacting as if it
> > were a personal attach.  I can understand you having strong feelings
>
> Uh, no.  I'm taking this as a waste of my time (and of those poor
> people who have to read this) and am reacting accordingly.  Don't
> start jumping at phantoms when perfectly visible issues are more
> clearly before you.

What phantoms? Where?

Now and again it is good for the soul for someone like Brett to come
forward an piss on the flag to get people to think.  But every time that
is met with hostility here. Again your taking it as a personal attack.
I happen to think that he is correct about some of the issues, and has a
valid point to make.  Perhaps what you are hearing is not so much
criticism as real concerns and disappointment over what is happening.
That doesn't deserve to get shouted down, but rather deserves airing as
much as an announcement of converting an SCO user to FreeBSD.

I think that he is correct about the marketing issue.  I happen to
believe that FreeBSD is the superior UNIX, but, hate to hell to see it
coming in second place.  That is just my competitive nature, but if
that's a waist of time, well perhaps it is better spent elsewhere.

> > Now we both know about the doing part.  We have been down that road
> > before, haven't we?  I think that your memory is longer than that. ;-)
>
> Yeah, that's right - you did flake out once before on this, now that I
> think about it.  So why are you even raising the issue again? :-)
> - Jordan

WOW!!!!! What's with this flake stuff??  That is not the whole picture
and don't appreciate it being presented that way.  In fact, I have a
white-paper here in various stages of completion, and am still waiting for
some docs from someone that I felt would be helpful in completing it.
Talk about flakes. ;-)  Further, I am aware of more than one plan that I
presented to advocacy and for one reason or another they didn't get off
the ground.  So what the fsck are you referring to?
--
    --Frank

"At no time is the freedom of speech more precious then when a man hits
his thumb with a hammer."
   --Marshall Lumsden