Date:      Tue, 20 May 2003 22:37:07 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        swear@attbi.com (Gary W. Swearingen), freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ESR/OSI's Unix/Linux-history-laden treatise on SCO vs. IBM

At 11:51 AM 5/19/2003, Gary W. Swearingen wrote:

>    In his wrap-up, he gives us this copyleftic whopper: "We wrote our
>    Unix and Linux code as a gift and an expression of art, to be
>    enjoyed by our peers and used by others for all licit purposes both
>    non-profit and for-profit."

That really IS a whopper. The GPL ensures that Linux certainly CANNOT
be used "for all licit purposes both non-profit and for-profit." And
ESR knows it. This demonstrates his hypocrisy and that of the OSI: they
refuse to admit that the GPL is destructive and violates their own "Open
Source Definition."

--Brett Glass