Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:45:25 -0800
From:      Kevin Smith <smithcam@adelphia.net>
To:        Olivier Gautherot <olivier@gautherot.net>, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: writable file system for windows

Hi--  My question is really directed at which type of file system I
should choose for the shared area (bsd/windows) when I do the
partitioning, rather than access.  I seem to be able to mount NTFS
partitions and read them, but my understanding is that they are unsafe
to write to from bsd.  At least on Linux this is the case.  I want to be
able to write files from bsd and read them in windows.  The ext2fs
system seems like one way, but I was hoping that I could use a native
windows/dos file system that would not require any special mounting on
the windows side.

-K