Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 1996 12:48:02 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        "Phillip G. Neiswanger" <pgn@btsslc.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need help with gateway

> I have a gateway 2000 solo portable and I'm having a little trouble
> getting FreeBSD to see the 3Com EtherLink III PCMIA card.

Which version of FreeBSD, and which version of the 3Com card?  The 3Com
card has 3 different versions, the 3C589, 589B, and 589C.  FreeBSD 2.1R
supports the 589 & 589B, but not the 589C (it wasn't released).  The
589C card required a trivial patch which is in -stable and -current, but
obviously isn't in 2.1R.

Also, are you using the if_zp driver, or the PC-CARD stuff?

Nate