Date:      Wed, 9 Jun 1999 16:14:45 -0500
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@luke.pmr.com>
To:        Eric Kozowski <eric@haydenisland.verio.net>
Cc:        David Kane-Parry <dkp@simons-rock.edu>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dell Inspiron 7000

I have 3.1-stable (April timeframe, I believe) running on my I7000.  I
honestly don't remember too many details about the installation now,
though (too many other installations since then).  I installed from
the 3.1-RELEASE CDROM then upgraded to 3.1-stable from source.  I do
remember that I had some difficulty partitioning the 8GB disk and wound
up creating two DOS slices on it.  Also, there was a problem with the
XFree86 server that I got a patch for (had to rebuild the server).  I
don't have it with me right now so I don't have access to any more of
the details.  If interested you can email me and I can pull together
what I have later today or tomorrow.

On Sun, Jun 06, 1999 at 10:00:42PM -0700, Eric Kozowski wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 07, 1999 at 01:00:54AM -0400, David Kane-Parry wrote:
> > Has anyone here successfully installed on a Dell Inspiron 7000?
> > With what results?  Thanks in advance!
>
> just getting ready to ask the same question.  would appreciate
> any responses, too.

Bob Willcox             The man who follows the crowd will usually get no
bob@luke.pmr.com        further than the crowd.  The man who walks alone is
Austin, TX              likely to find himself in places no one has ever
                        been.            -- Alan Ashley-Pitt