Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 00:19:28 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI timeout problems going from May23 to July13 kernel

On 16 Jul 2001 10:56:55 -0400, in sentex.lists.freebsd.scsi you wrote:

>Hi,
>	A previously working system started to show problems with the tape =
drive=20
>since doing a make world. The may23 kernel worked great, but my Friday =
the=20
>13th kernel is giving me problems on doing a backup. (yes, I was =
tempting=20
>fate! ;-)) The MFC seems to be from the 24th of June, so I doubt its an =
all=20
>pervasive bug.  Is it just coincidence that my hardware is going bad ?

OK, just to followup on this original posting, it might be a little bit =
of
both.  Either way, I am able to get tapes working just fine by specifying
the tape density via mt.  The problems would only show up with blank new
tapes, not ones that had data on them.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)	=09
Sentex Communications Corp,   	=09
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers=20
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)